Edible markers are useful tools that can step up your game when it comes to cake decorating. They can help you make detailed designs for your cookies, cupcakes, and cakes. In order to successfully create decorations using edible markers, there are a few guidelines that you should follow. There are some types of markers that don’t work well on candy melts, fondant, waxy chocolate, or soft icing because they might not show any color or draw smoothly.
They come in a variety of colors and brands and are user-friendly enough to even be used by kids. It is safe to buy edible markers online, but you might need to do a little trial and error to know which brands work for you. Here are a few well-known brands in the market:
- Wilton FoodWriter – this brand is known for its cake decorating tools. They have edible markers that come in sets that include primary colors, fine tips, and neon colors. These are the perfect choice if you don’t always draw fine lines and just want an all-purpose marker.
- FooDoodler – this edible marker brand offers both fine line and thick markers. They also have kosher, gluten-free, fat-free, and nut-free options available. You can purchase their products directly from their site, or in other online cake decorating shops.
- AmeriColor – just like the FooDoodler, AmeriColor also has kosher and nut free edible markers. They usually come in sets of ten and are available in both the fine and thick variants.
- KopyKake pens – the edible marker products sold by KopyKake are very convenient since the pen has two ends – one for fine lines and the other for thick ones.
- Sugarflair Food Colouring Pens – this brand offers lovely fine tips that come in different shades. You have the option to purchase single pens so you don’t have to keep colors that you don’t use.