Most people think that making photos on a cake is going to be really tough because of the detail that you need to pay attention to. However, printers have made this process really easy. All you need to do is trace the picture and press it on the cake. If you’re planning to make edible photo images on your cake, then follow these very easy steps:
- Create the frosting by mixing the butter, cream, and shortening.
- Add some powdered sugar and whisk for 10 minutes until thick (you can add some more sugar if it’s not thick enough).
- Print the picture that you want to put in the cake.
- Use your computer to reverse the picture (it’s in the printer settings).
- Put the picture on a cutting board and place wax paper on top
- Trace your picture using a food pen with icing gel on it. Be very meticulous when tracing the outline.
- Use colors to fill in the spaces of the picture.
- Use the back of a spoon to gently press the picture so that the color will spread around.
- Put some frosting on the back of the colored picture, preferably the same color as the cake frosting.
- Spread the frosting all around the wax paper.
- Put the cutting board with the picture inside the freezer and let it stay for a few hours.
- Take out the picture and turn it over.
- Place the edible photo image on the cake and slowly take the wax paper out.
As you can see, the steps are very simple. All you need is an eye for detail and you should have absolutely no problem.