Silicone baking molds have been gaining popularity ever since their introduction in the market. After all, they’re flexible, nonstick, and most of all, very affordable. That said, if you want to start baking cupcakes, then here are some tips you want to follow:
1. Use smaller cupcake molds instead of larger cake pans. The reason is because they’re less likely to bend and break. They’re also easier to find and are available at very affordable prices.
2. As much as possible, avoid going for novelty molds. While they have unique and cute shapes, they’re not really that practical as far as baking is concerned due to their smaller size.
3. Don’t forget to grease larger molds. While silicone cupcake molds are convenient since they don’t usually need greasing, larger ones do. Therefore, make sure to apply grease on your larger pans to prevent the risk of cracking. Also, greasing makes cleaning a whole lot easier.
4. Larger baking molds tend to be a lot easier to clean, but the smaller ones often demand a bit more work. Therefore, in order to clean them with ease, you want to soak them in warm, soapy water to remove any residues easily.
5. Go for metal molds when baking larger cupcakes. Silicone molds are indeed practical and convenient; however, when you plan to bake a larger cake, you’re better off with metal molds. They are more rigid and provides more support than their silicone counterparts when it comes to baking larger treats.
6. Check their temperature rating to avoid accidentally melting them while baking. On average, silicone molds can withstand temperatures of up to 446 degrees Fahrenheit.
However, you want to check your molds’ temperature rating to check if it can withstand the heat or not.