Edible centerpieces are extremely attractive and there is no second alternative to that once decided. You can centerpiece cakes in a variety of style but if you want to keep it unique and still keep it chic, edible images on cakes are what you will appreciate. You can make centerpieces out of anything; fruit, vegetables, gourmet cheeses, desserts and etc.
We Highly Recommend To Add Fruits Like:
- Red grapes,
- Chocolate for dipping,
- Fresh kale or Romaine lettuce
Bamboo skewers, Melon baller, Crinkle potato cutter, Star, flower and heart shaped metal cookie cutters, White basket, short vase, bowl or empty melon shell for display and foam filler.
- First prepare the basic cake
- Start by selecting a base for your arrangement and search through the different foam fillers for the base of your arrangement available at your local craft stores. They are usually semi hard and made of green foam. Flower shapes are best for pineapple since you can leave the core in and skewer it through the middle then slide a melon ball, strawberry or grape over the center to cover the core.
- Slice the fruits as per you want them to be designed and you can also create slices with your crinkle cutter or use the melon baller. Slide the “crinkly” melon slices onto skewers and set aside. Reserve some of the melon balls for finishing your bouquet.
- Now you can start arranging the skewered fruits into a bouquet and alternating colors and textures. Edible cartridges are made from specially formulated edible ink, you can simply follow the instruction to make edible images on cakes written in the packet of the cartridge.
Using Edible Inkjet Ink is the best idea to play with designs and be creative with your images as you print them.